Primarily designed for junior hospitalists pursuing academic careers, the Academy is an ideal learning resource for experienced hospitalists transitioning to academic medicine, or seeking to:
- Learn how to be effective teachers
- Understand the process necessary to create and disseminate scholarly work
- Become aware of the basics of promotion within an academic institution
- Ascertain the skills necessary to be an asset to their academic institution
- Engage the skills necessary to actively participate in a mentor-mentee relationship
- Understand the business drivers of healthcare
- Learn the basics of quality improvement and patient safety
The agenda for AHA 2021 is currently in development. Reference the 2019 agenda.
What to Expect
Academic Hospitalist Academy attendees will join an interactive learning environment featuring didactics, small-group exercises and skill-building breakout sessions. Each full day of learning will be facilitated by leading clinician-educators, hospitalist-researchers and clinical administrators in a 1-to-10 faculty-to-student ratio.
Meals during the meeting are included in the registration fee and provide additional networking opportunities for building networks with faculty and colleagues alike.